Bendigo came and went and now the hard work really starts. Not only do the kids now have a much greater understanding of racing, hopefully some of them have had their crashes and come out the other side feeling more confident.
Out of bike preparation
There is a lot to do outside of the bike as well as we continue to prepare for Maryborough. Work will begin in the coming weeks on presentations and to help prepare, some small homework tasks will be completed over the next 4 weeks.
This weeks task is to write a ‘Newspaper’ style report/recount of the Bendigo event, This can be based on your own experience and ride or a report of the event from a Jells Park perspective or of the event in general.
You need to submit this written task on the wiki titled week 1 homework- Bendigo report
Then click on the ‘Discussion’ tab. The title is your name and then type your report.
Lots happening following our Bendigo event.
- Results are loaded on the ‘Results’ page. Click on Bendigo 2016
- Homework is coming. Check out the Wiki pages (on the left below the forum) for homework tasks and details for uploading it
- Check out the ‘Gallery’ page later in the week for all our photos of the event (Thanks Helen Gribi)
- Keep an eye on the calendar as there are some important dates coming up including training details, written test (repeating the previous test again), homework expectations and meetings.
- The ‘forum’ on the website, is a great place for riders to raise and discuss issues related to the vehicles design and construction, comfort or performance.
Thanks for all your assistance at Bendigo and well done riders, you did a great job!!!!!!!
Its official! Our new vehicle has its new name.
Vanquish. Which means to conquer, defeat, to trounce.
Let’s hope it can live up to its name in our races and stay upright and out of the lake!!!
After a couple of weeks of training at Casey Fields, the focus on fitness is becoming clearer. The kids are pushing themselves hard for 20 minutes which is great and now we have to build up strength and stamina to maintain the effort and speed for 30-50minutes.
Some slight changes to our training schedule this week as things start to ramp up even more. Only 3 1/2 weeks till Bendigo for the HPV teams, so we are introducing a new training session this Thursday after school. Whilst the Pushcarters will start this Thursday as well to get their hands on to the carts and start practicing and building up their strength.
Thurs 8am: Push Cart training on the oval. All pushcarters are required with their helmet on an ongoing weekly basis
Thursday 3:40pm-4:15pm: Fitness Training for HPV teams. This will rotate around a range of different activities including some running, bike riding, bootcamp style and some hills training. This will happen every Thursday unless notified.
The calendar will also be updated to reflect these new dates and times.
If there are any issues with attendance at these times please contact us or keep us informed.
Check out the Design & Construction Forum on the sidebar above the calendar.
This Forum page is designed for students to ask questions and make design and construction suggestions. We want to know everything about the vehicles especially things that you think might be able to be improved. Comfort, seating, noise, brakes, water bottles, walkie talkies, pedaling, vision, horn, safety, gears! Any topic can be included. Chances are if you’re thinking it, someone else may be too and besides you are the ones who are in the bike……
Check out the following documents for more information regarding nutrition and hydration before during and after exercise. Its important during training to practise good eating and drinking habits and work out what works for you.
• Choose high carbohydrate, low fat foods that are familiar and well tolerated.
• Experiment in training with the timing and type of meals and snacks to suit individual preferences and your sport.
• Practice different pre-exercise eating ideas in training, not during competition.
• Develop a good pre-exercise drinking strategy to start exercise well hydrated.
• Try a liquid or low bre meal if pre-competition nerves or other factors cause GIT upset.
• Monitor the effects of food and drink choices on your performance
110822 Eating & Drinking Before Sport_PV-2
120808 Eating & drinking during sport_junior pic PV-2
120628 Recovery_SD version
A new sign up sheet has been set up for Sunday HPV trainings at Casey Fields. Please make sure you sign your child up to a time slot for the next 5 Sunday sessions.
Sign up link is below
Our first HPV event this year is the Bendigo HPV Grand Prix held on Saturday 20 August from 1:00pm – 10:00 pm.
Please visit the following website for information on the event. Bendigo HPV Grand Prix
Check out the JPPS Racing Facebook page to check out a video of the track.
This will be a 9 hour event and will be the students first race experience.
Parents will need to organise transport and accommodation in Bendigo if required for this event.
If you have any questions about the event, please comment below or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
(check out a video of the Bendigo track)
These pages are dedicated to documenting issues and information related to the design and construction of the vehicles.