Don’t forget this Thursday is our 2nd Log Book Check and written test. Don’t forget all these components, as well as general fitness are important in the team selection process.
(As per Mr Zach’s email…..)
Welcome to this years’ RACV Energy Breakthrough Challenge. It was fantastic to have so many interested students wanting to participate in the program. It is going to make the selection of teams very difficult. 26 boys and 18 girls have nominated to be racing competitors in the program, along with 2 male support crew. With such a larger gender imbalance, I have asked permission from the organisers to enter an all boy push cart team. They have allowed this which is fantastic news, Although this team will be ineligible to win any prizes if they come first. This means, that at this stage, ALL students will participate and come away to Maryborough in November. YAY!!!!!! In saying that, If you are planning to come along and support in Maryborough, I recommend you get onto organising your accommodation as soon as possible. I will require around 8 parent helpers to camp with us at the event. A notice will go out for this later next term.
We have a large number of boys interested in the HPV program. This means many of them will be disappointed when the teams are selected toward the end of Term 2. We have a very detailed selection process which takes into account all aspects of the program, as well as their effort, behaviour and responsibilities at school. This is an extra curricular activity, so their effort in all curriculum areas will also be considered. Once the HPV students have been selected, we then look at placing the rest of the students into the three push cart teams.
The HPV program will initially involve 5 boys and 5 girls per team. These students will train in the vehicles and race in Bendigo (August) and Casey Fields (October). After these two events, we will then select the best 4 Boys and 4 Girls for each team for the Maryborough event. The remaining students will become members of one of the push cart teams. They will also be emergency HPV riders for the Maryborough event. I know this can be a very tough situation for students and parents and it is always very tough on us teachers as well. We have found this to be the best way of selection and the students have been made aware of this.
Your child has already completed the Beep test and 30 minute run at school and should now be recording extra fitness training at home in their log books. We have made a decision about the log books that involve many children who carry out many training sessions (eg. Soccer, football, Basketball) throughout the week. We would like the students to record them in their log books and also record the time the training went for. Please Do Not record the distance travelled. This will not be included in their total distance travelled, but will show us the amount of fitness training they are doing in a week.
If there are any questions you would like answered about the program, please come and see me or email. email@example.com
Two important dates coming up over the next week:
- This Thursday 23 March: First log book check. Log books to be put in the box on top of Mr Jenkins coloured draws
- Next Wednesday 29 March: First written test. The tests are based on the information in the handbooks which can be downloaded via student share or from the website
Bookings opened for the RACV Energy Breakthrough challenge this morning. Lucky we’ve got Mr Zach on the ball as it was booked out in 59 seconds!!!!
JPPS Racing, we’re heading for Maryborough…..in November
The RACV program is up and running for 2017 and we are on the lookout for sponsors. If you are interested or know people who might be interested, feel free to use the sponsor pack which outlines the goals and purposes, needs and sponsor benefits.
For more information contact Melissa Mcleod via the school (9560 6494) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtesy of the RACVEB website
Tomorrow, Monday 28 November, the RACV Students are hosting the assembly.
The students can bring their Presentation tops to school to wear during their assembly.
We will have some of the vehicles on display and a slide show playing of some of the photo’s we have of the event.
If you have any photo’s of the Maryborough event and are happy to share them, can you please send them to school on a USB or CD so we can put them on the network.
Thank you for such an amazing week/end and event. It has been such a privilege to work with a great group of kids and to experience a great event with the support of you all.
We trust you enjoyed the event, had a safe trip home and enjoyed a nice hot shower.
Just a couple of practical things….
1. If you have any photos from the event you are willing/able to share with us could you please send them along on a USB so that i can collate them all ASAP.
2. Lost Property and loaned items- we will attempt to get things unpacked as quickly as possible and will gather any lost property in Claire’s old room. We will also collect all the loaned items such as eskies, fridges, marquee’s etc… for return. If you know that something is missing please ask your child to check the lost property as it is collected and also let us know if you are waiting for something.
3. CELEBRATION EVENT: A celebration event is planned for the 1st week in December but we have changed the date due to the Brentwood Information evening on Mon 5th. It is now to be held on Tue 6th Dec, 6pm-8pm. We recognise it is a busy time of year and we apologise if this is not a good date for you. Further details to come but the night will be at Mulgrave Country Club and will include some speeches and presentations and light dinner. Our thought is to have some finger food and drinks at bar prices at a small cost per person ($10ish pp- excluding RACV students who are free). (The other option is bistro meals at $20+)
Could you please by Thursday indicate availability and number of possible attendees by completing the survey via the link below
Check out this for a ‘motley crew’……
Below is a timetable for next week for each teams presentation practice.