Term 2 has begun, and so has the preparations to this years’ challenge.
- Team fitness training will begin next Tuesday (24 April) in the Gym at lunch time. Students should wear a change of clothes and bring a drink bottle with them.
- Log book checks will be conducted regularly throughout the term and the written test will be held next Friday ( 27 April).
- We are also planning on having some before school testing days, where the students can come and have a go in the different vehicles. Stay tuned to when this will happen.
- Soon, the students will be receiving some weekly homework tasks relating to the program.
Keep an eye on the calendar for updates on what is happening this term.
To All 2018 Students,
Our next RACV meeting will be at recess tomorrow (Tuesday 27th). We will discuss fitness results so far, holiday training, Log Book check and the RACV Handbooks. Meeting will be held in Mr Jenkins room.
A back up Beep test will take place on Wednesday lunch time. If you missed the first one you will be expected to participate OR if you would like to have another go for extra fitness you are also welcome to attend.
Also on Wednesday we will do a 2nd log book check. Make sure your log books are in teh tub on Mr Jenkins desk by close of day Wednesday
The 2018 RACV Handbooks are available to view and download. We will have written tests early next term based on the information in these handbooks. These are another important part of the selection process and the information in these handbooks forms the basis of the presentations and scrutineering that takes place at Maryborough. Download them onto your iPad as you may want to start reading them during silent reading time and reading at home.
There are 3 handbooks:
RACV PartA Handbook is for everyone
RACV PartB_HPV is for those trying our for HPV
RACV-PartB_Pushcarts is for those trying our for Pushcarts
We will have a meeting in the next week to give you more details and some hints about some important aspects and for another Log Book check before the holidays. Details to come!!
Students and parents,
Please take note of the 2nd round of fitness testing dates which can be found in the calendar.
Also, The students have homework which is due in on Monday.
The homework can be found in the Wiki’s on the left hand side of the homepage.
Week 2’s homework consists of 2 tasks:
- (A) Design a sticker for the side of your vehicle
- (B) In your own words, explain why the program is called the RACV Energy Breakthrough Challenge.
Both these tasks are to be completed in hard copy and handed to Mr Zach. by Monday next week