The 2018 RACV Handbooks are available to view and download. We will have written tests early next term based on the information in these handbooks. These are another important part of the selection process and the information in these handbooks forms the basis of the presentations and scrutineering that takes place at Maryborough. Download them onto your iPad as you may want to start reading them during silent reading time and reading at home.
There are 3 handbooks:
RACV PartA Handbook is for everyone
RACV PartB_HPV is for those trying our for HPV
RACV-PartB_Pushcarts is for those trying our for Pushcarts
We will have a meeting in the next week to give you more details and some hints about some important aspects and for another Log Book check before the holidays. Details to come!!
Week 2’s homework consists of 2 tasks:
- (A) Design a sticker for the side of your vehicle
- (B) In your own words, explain why the program is called the RACV Energy Breakthrough Challenge.
Both these tasks are to be completed in hard copy and handed to Mr Zach. by Monday next week
Bendigo came and went and now the hard work really starts. Not only do the kids now have a much greater understanding of racing, hopefully some of them have had their crashes and come out the other side feeling more confident.
Out of bike preparation
There is a lot to do outside of the bike as well as we continue to prepare for Maryborough. Work will begin in the coming weeks on presentations and to help prepare, some small homework tasks will be completed over the next 4 weeks.
This weeks task is to write a ‘Newspaper’ style report/recount of the Bendigo event, This can be based on your own experience and ride or a report of the event from a Jells Park perspective or of the event in general.
You need to submit this written task on the wiki titled week 1 homework- Bendigo report
Then click on the ‘Discussion’ tab. The title is your name and then type your report.
Lots happening following our Bendigo event.
- Results are loaded on the ‘Results’ page. Click on Bendigo 2016
- Homework is coming. Check out the Wiki pages (on the left below the forum) for homework tasks and details for uploading it
- Check out the ‘Gallery’ page later in the week for all our photos of the event (Thanks Helen Gribi)
- Keep an eye on the calendar as there are some important dates coming up including training details, written test (repeating the previous test again), homework expectations and meetings.
- The ‘forum’ on the website, is a great place for riders to raise and discuss issues related to the vehicles design and construction, comfort or performance.
Thanks for all your assistance at Bendigo and well done riders, you did a great job!!!!!!!