Check out the following documents for more information regarding nutrition and hydration before during and after exercise. Its important during training to practise good eating and drinking habits and work out what works for you.
• Choose high carbohydrate, low fat foods that are familiar and well tolerated.
• Experiment in training with the timing and type of meals and snacks to suit individual preferences and your sport.
• Practice different pre-exercise eating ideas in training, not during competition.
• Develop a good pre-exercise drinking strategy to start exercise well hydrated.
• Try a liquid or low bre meal if pre-competition nerves or other factors cause GIT upset.
• Monitor the effects of food and drink choices on your performance